Random thoughts on random things - Question

Some times we all start thinking about random things - just random thoughts. Today I had one. Actually not one but a lot of them. I thought why shouldn't I type them. I love typing when I'm bored. Some times when I'm bored I just open a Notepad file and start typing random shit. So now I'm doing just that and posting it on a blog. God..I love typing..!! The sound of the keys clicking - tick..tack..tick. I am not a fan of typing on the phone. (Who is? (Maybe someone is. Who knows? (Maybe someone knows.)))

So coming back to random thoughts. Actually it wouldn't be correct if I said that they are random because random thoughts are not triggered by anything. Mine were. I recently watched an awesome documentary movie 'The Internet's Own Boy' about the life of an awesome man - Aaron Schwartz. Genius guy. Went off too soon. What a shame! Actually that's something to talk about itself. But I don't wanna talk about that because then it would be hard for me to stop. That's one thing wrong with me. Sometimes I just don't know where to start and other times I can't figure out where to stop. But it's fine. Right now I'm not having a conversation. So it's not too hard for me.

What I actually wanna talk about is related to something Aaron Schwartz said in one of his interviews or vlog or something. It was in the documentary. He said something like "questioning the natural order". That made me think about one of the quotes by one of my favorite stand-up comedian, the one and only, George Carlin. He once rightfully said - "Don't just teach your children to read...teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything." This is so fucking correct. We should question everything instead of just following every thing we have been told to do.

Human beings love to follow. And anyone who doesn't follow can either become a leader in the eyes of the followers or a lunatic. From the moment we are born we are taught how to blindly follow everything. Questioning any of it is taken as a punishable offence. "Mom why do we pray to God?" "Shut up. Just do it." Is the mom at fault for not answering the question? Maybe. But the correct thing to say and understand here is that the Mom doesn't know the answer to the question herself. So that is reason enough for the child not to question, right? Because he's asking questions that don't, in the normal sense, have a definitive or a satisfactory answer. No, the answers aren't important. What's important is that we as a stupid mammal should be able to question everything. Just because some question doesn't have an answer doesn't mean we shouldn't ask it or ignore it. We should look for the answer.

We always follow blindly. Never question. We are born, sent to school, taught what others think should be taught to us, choose a career, marry, have kids, raise our kids, do them do the same thing again, wait for our death and sooner or later we die. What we should do sometime is that we should just pause for a minute, stop what we are doing, look around, look where we are and ask ourselves - "What the fuck am I doing? Why the fuck am I doing it?" If we have the answer then fine. If not, them why don't we start looking for one.

People get married. Marriages are a huge thing for the couple getting married and also for people close to them. They hold a very significant position as a personal as well as a social event. So what should we do? I say let's question the hell out of it. Why the hell is it so important to get a life partner and settle down in life? And why the hell is getting married called 'settling down' in the first place? If we aren't married then are we living a very uneasy life or something. Something that's not settled down. That's constantly bouncing? I don't know. Why do people think it is so important to marry. I don't have anything against married people or people who wanna marry. But if you love someone then isn't it just important to be with them. You can just live with them and you'll be with them. Why do you need a certificate of marriage or the permission of society to be with someone you love? And this is something that troubles me when I'm just questioning marriage while ignoring arranged marriage. Oh, arranged marriage! That is some fucking bullshit!

Another thing I want to question today. Religion. Not God (Not today. You are safe today God). I want to question religion. People confuse religion with God and I can totally understand where the confusion can be. "Oh, how can you question religion and not question God?" Well let me show you how. By religion I mean to question the rules and standards that all the religions have set. These rules tell us how to pray, when to pray, where to pray, what God looks like, how many Gods are there, etc. Generally what happens is that a child born in a Hindu family believes in Hindu Gods, sings chants and prays to Lord Hanumana, Shiva or any of the 330 million Gods there are in Hindu belief. Same is with a child born in Muslim family, prays like a Muslim and does everything Muslims are supposed to do, believes in everything a Muslin is supposed to believe in. Now this is where the problem is. The child is not allowed to question it. He doesn't get to choose. And by the time he is an adult and can make his own decisions to whether to follow his religion or change it, there's a very small chance that he'll believe in anything else than what he has been led to believe in since his childhood. We should question all the religions and not just our own. What is a religion? Anyone can gather 20-25 people around and preach any shit and start his own religion. Religion is nothing but like a group culture in colleges. Like when we first join the college we immediately should become part of a group or something or else we will become outcast (we should question that too). Religions are nothing but big-ass groups with set of rules and standards with most of them set by people long gone around a time when people used to consider illnesses as possessions by ghosts. We should question them and decide whether we want to believe in some God and some religion or make a religion of ourselves. According to me, even atheism is a religion. Many people become atheists just to be cool. They are the cool group of the college. People shouldn't just stop believing in a God because it's cool but because they questioned the concept of God and didn't find an answer.

I can go on and on and give more examples on what things to question like the education system (that is some crazy shit right there), the media, the laws and governments and many more. But I don't want to make this post any longer than it already is because most of the people tend to ignore a long post and I want people to read this. Because I want people to question everything. Even question the question - "Why should we question everything?" That's question-ception.    

Comments

Popular Posts